We are happy to let you know the Founder and C.E.O of STA Africa, Nadia Owusu is participating in the Young African Think’rs Convention 2018 currently ongoing at the African Union in Ethiopia. The conference which began on 15th August, 2018 will end on 18th August, 2018 and has been themed: Understanding and Owning Africa’s Identity. Using the Creative Industry for effective messaging towards a one-generation turn-around.
The target participants in YATC 2018 are the culture shapers – essentially the creatives who have the power to rebrand perspectives through their artistic mediums (music, photography, design, writing, film, drama, poetry, blog,etc). Nadia Owusu will be duly representing STA Africa to connect and engage with over 70 young inspiring leaders in the cultural space to change the negative perception about Africa.
The Youth Division within the Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology of the African Union Commission is mandated to create spaces for young people to engage and come together to achieve components that contribute to the strengthening of their personal development. In this regard, the Youth Division habitually holds Youth Corner sessions for young people in the AUC to engage in discussions on a number of topics directly related to young people.
These sessions seek to foster an exchange of perspective and generate new ideas that ultimately contribute to their professional development.
A key theme of these Youth Corner session is Safe Spaces, an initiative committed to bringing the mental health of young people to the forefront of the discourse on their well being and development.
Overall Goal of YATC 2018
– Achieve the aspiration 6 of Agenda 2063 through investing in youth culture, way of thinking and identity.
The overall goal will be achieved through two general objectives:
– create spaces for young people to engage and come together to achieve components that contribute to the strengthening of their personal development.
– To contribute toward transform mindsets at grassroots level in the continent and diaspora communities abroad
• To train and equip young leaders to be able to use available platforms to reach out to their local communities
• To utilize media and the creative industry in Africa for the continent’s progress
• To increase the knowledge of Young people about positive transformation of mindsets.
By the end of the three days, the Think’rs present will have:
1. Increased the awareness about tools to transform mindsets
2. Improved confidence of a clear African identity
3. Be equipped with specific messages to share with their communities towards
4. Have developed frameworks for projects they can launch after the convention
Visit YATC website to learn more. Remember to join the sessions online by following handles and Hashtags :